Saturday 20 February 2016

LISTEN Demi Lovato’s Version of “Let It Go” from Frozen + Lyrics



Remember back in July when Frozen director Jennifer Lee tweeted that a pop “powerstorm” was recording a song for the new Disney movie?

Well, it seems like we now know who that vocal powerhouse is: none other than Disney diva Demi Lovato!

Demi Lovato will be lending her vocal stylings to the pop version of Elsa’s anthem “Let It Go” from Frozen which will play over the end credits.

In a creative marketing strategy, Disney asked fans to Tweet using the hashtag #DemiFrozen in order to unlock the song over onfrozensocialsnowstorm.com. Clearly this campaign was a huge success, as #DemiFrozen ended up as the #1 worldwide trending hashtag for the day!

Personally, I think Demi is a great choice for the end credits song. Her voice is powerful, emotive and always pitch perfect. She’s current and relevant in today’s pop music landscape. Plus, it helps that we’re used to seeing her associated with the Disney brand (she’s starred on the Disney Channel originals Sonny With A Chance, Camp Rock and has also performed a song for the second

Demi’s version itself is really good. She interprets it more as a love song than Idina Menzel does in the film, where her character Elsa flees the kingdom out of fear. Demi is able to infuse the song with passion and strength, and makes it her own. It’s worth noting that Demi’s version is quite different from the movie version. It has a different structure and vastly different lyrics (which you can read below). Both the movie and the pop versions were written by husband and wife, Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez.

Watch out for Demi’s version of “Let It Go” from Frozen which will be featured on the Deluxe Edition 2-Disc Soundtrack of the movie which releases November 26, just one day before Frozen is unleashed in theatres.

Let It Go”Lyrics – Demi Lovato Version

Let it go, let it go
Can’t hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go,
Turn my back and slam the door

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation and it looks like I’m the queen
The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn’t keep it in
Heaven knows I tried

Don’t let them in, don’t let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know
Well now they know

Let it go, let it go
Can’t hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go,
Turn my back and slam the door
And here I stand
And here I’ll stay
Let it go, let it go
The cold never bothered me anyway

It’s funny how some distance makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me can’t get to me at all
Up here in the cold thin air I finally can breathe
I know left a life behind but I’m too relieved to grieve

Let it go, let it go
Can’t hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go,
Turn my back and slam the door
And here I stand
And here I’ll stay
Let it go, let it go
The cold never bothered me anyway

Standing frozen in the life I’ve chosen
You won’t find me, the past is so behind me
Buried in the snow

Let it go, let it go
Can’t hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go,
Turn my back and slam the door
And here I stand
And here I’ll stay
Let it go, let it go
The cold never bothered me anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment