Friday 29 January 2016

My Son Shall Live Forever!


Under the terrible loud sounds,
Bullets being fired, seeing my fellows, wounds….
I have to move on,
I have to fight.
Until the last drop of my blood is sacrificed.

I have not called my mother,
She’d be waiting for me,
But that’s okay; she knows I’m on duty.
There! Falls my friend.

He had bullets on his chest.
Look! He’s smiling…..
He knows, he did his best.
He looks at me,
Passes a smile.
His eyes are telling me,
Not to stop for awhile.
And then, I start moving ahead.
I’m fighting hard, trying to give my best.

Somebody fires a bullet at me,
My arm – its bleeding.
But that’s not a big deal.
I’ve held my gun more firmly.
I’m giving a tough time to the enemies.

Now, it’s strange!
I cannot see….
I can’t even count,
The bullets fired at me,
I’m relaxed! My efforts did not feel any pain.
I’m glad! My efforts did not go in vain.

Call my mom,
Tell her I’ll be back….
With badges on my coffin,
Wrapped in the flag.
Tell her not to cry,
Her son is lucky,

He’ll live forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment